Love Legos? Join us at Newport Public Library the LAST Saturday of each month! The fun starts at 10 AM.
- Bloomfield Public Library is opening June 1. Social distancing and masks are required. Max number of 5 patrons at a time. We’ll be closing an hour to the public early each day for cleaning, and will be offering curbside service during that hour for patrons who are at high risk or don’t feel comfortable entering a public space at this time.
- Community Library of Western Perry County will re-open on June 2 at our regular hours: Tues. Thurs, Fri, 2:00pm to 7:00pm, Wed & Sat 8:00am to 2:00pm. Precautionary measures for our visitors/patrons will be provided due to the recent virus pandemic. We request only 2 people enter the library at one time, until further notice. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact the library at 717-536-3761 or email@example.com. If you are not comfortable entering the library at this time, books can be reserved on-line and picked up at the library.
- Marysville-Rye Library Limited hrs. Mon – Wed 1 to 5, Thurs. 1 to 7and Sat 9 to 1. Curbside pick up only. Passports by appointment.
- Newport Public Library Beginning June 1, we will be open:
- Mondays- 2-5 PM,
- Tuesdays 10 AM – 1 PM,
- Wednesdays- 5-8 PM,
- Thursdays- 2-5 PM,
- Fridays- 5-8 PM,
- Saturdays- 10 AM – 1 PM,
- Closed Sundays
Service will be all curbside, only staff inside the building: Services provided will be:
- Book drop,
- Direct returns of materials,
- checkout of materials,
- New library cards ,
- Copies, FAX, scanning to email, cold lamination,
- Tax forms,
- Reference service,
- Public wi-fi from outside the building.
Please be patient, as only two staff members will be in the building at any one time. Handling your requests online as much as possible will make it easier for staff working from home to assist you with reference questions and questions of a general nature. Staff will wear a mask when assisting you. Please return the favor to help protect our staff. If walking to the library for service, please wait at least 6 feet from the building and 6 feet from any other waiting patrons. We will not charge overdue fines on any materials brought back by July 4, 2020.
Please use the following links for access to the PA POWER Library:
Newport Public Library patrons
This project is made possible in part by Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and through Library Access Funds administered by the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Department of Education, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Tom Wolf, Governor.
“Stories from A to Z- Part 2!” is the spring 2020 theme for Preschool Story Time at Newport Public Library. Since the library must be closed to help stop the spread of the virus COVID-19, Story Time Lady Cheryl Johnson is posting story time fun activities on the Story Time page. We hope you have lots of fun with these activities at home. Click here for more information.
Newport’s Summer Reading Challenge is for children, teens, and adults. Click here for all the information you need to participate in the fun!
Saturday, March 21 at 10 AM. Michelle Braxton is once again teaching her class on how to save money and get the most out of your coupons at the grocery store, Call, message, or email the Library for more information or to sign up!
The Friends of Bloomfield Public Library meet on the last Tuesday of each month at the library at 5:30 PM. Please consider supporting Bloomfield Library by becoming a Friend.
Sat., Sept. 5 is the new date for the 1st annual Firecracker 5K Run/Walk and Fun Run in Newport. It is a project of Newport Revitalization & Preservation Society (NRPS), and benefits local nonprofits. We need participants and volunteers. Click here for full information.
Come join us Sat., Sept. 26, 2020 for our annual Bike4Books fundraiser. Watch for details soon.