Marysville-Rye Library is a certified Passport Acceptance Agency. Passports and Photos are created by appointment at the Marysville-Rye Library.
Please call 957-2851 to make your appointment!
General Passport Information:
The link for Application for Passport (DS-11) is: http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/forms/ds11/ds11_842.html
The link for Application for Passport by Mail (DS-82) is: http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/forms/ds82/ds82_843.html
Please do NOT sign your passport application until the passport agent asks for your signature!
- Applicants under 16 years of age are considered minors.
- Effective July 2010, the processing fee due the U.S. Department of State for minors is $80.00.
- Also effective July 2010, the processing fee due the U.S. Department of State for adults is $110.00. Fees to the U.S. Department of State must be paid with check or money order.
- The Passport Acceptance Agency’s (Marysville-Rye Library) execution fee is $35.00, and is a separate fee. This fee can be paid with check or cash. We do not accept credit cards.
- Expedited passports are an additional $60.
- All fees are per person.
Normal turn-around time is six-weeks.
Passports required in less than six-weeks MUST be expedited for an additional fee of $60.00 per applicant. Fees to the U.S. Department of State must be paid with check or money order. The turn around time is approximately 10 business days.
If express mail is required to send the passport application to the U.S. Department of State there is a additional fee of $13.65. If express mail return is required, another $13.65 must also be added.
All applicants, of any age, must be present to have their applications processed.
Both parents must be present to sign for a minor under the age of 14 years. If this is not possible, form CD-3053 or a notarized letter must be provided explaining the reason for the absent parent. The link for the Statement of Consent: Issuance of a Passport to a Minor Under Age 14 (DS-3053): http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/forms/ds3053/ds3053_846.html
All Passports will be mailed to the address given on the passport application.
* Proof of citizenship either in the form of a birth certificate, naturalization certificate, or a U.S. Passport. This proof is mailed with your application to the passport office, and will be returned to you with your passport. Birth certificates must be issued by the state in which the birth occurred and have a raised seal. Notification of birth or a hospital certificate is unacceptable. Any child under the age of 14 must have a birth certificate with both parents names listed.
* 2 identical passport photos, 2 inches X 2 inches, in color, front view, with a light colored background, and taken within the last 6 months. No dark or non-prescription glasses. Passport photos can be taken at the Marysville-Rye Library for an additional fee of $10.00.
* One other photo I.D. is required, such as a driver’s license or a PA Non-Driver I.D. (A current photo school I.D. is valid for children).
* Should your departure be in less than 10 days, speak to a passport agent at the library and they will give you the phone number and steps to take.
Please call 957-2851 to make an appointment for passport processing and/or photo services.
* * * * * * * * *
The Library is officially authorized to:
- Provide passport applications and related forms;
- Explain service options;
- Review applications for completeness;
- Record and verify applicant identification;
- Collect citizenship evidence and fees;
- Administer oaths and witness signatures; and
- Forward applications, citizenship evidence, and fees to the Federal Government on a daily basis.