The four Perry County libraries are proactive without becoming panicky. Whatever our organizations can do within our missions to be of service to the community during this pandemic, that is what we will do. As independent libraries we have taken several proactive, informed steps to maintain the library’s core role in the community. Below you will find announcements pertinent to the situation as it unfolds:
- All four Perry County libraries are closed until further notice under the same conditions as the prior order from Office of Commonwealth Libraries. We will have more information about our services in a few days. It is important to understand that closed libraries spread information, not viruses.
- I am placing a box of federal tax forms and instruction booklets in back of the library, under the overhang, so that during the time the library is closed, people can get the federal tax forms they need.
- Please do not drop off books until we are again open. Our book drops are closed as of Fri., March 20. Donations for our book sales need to wait until we are open again, as well. Thank you.
- Overdrive items are available during this stay at home period for anyone with a library card from any of the four Perry County libraries, even if you owe fines or your library card has expired. Thank you to Overdrive for extending those services at this time.
- Newport’s local author signing on April 25 and the May used book sale have both been cancelled.
- Find virtual story time fun here, from Story Time Lady Cheryl Johnson
Please use the following links for access to the PA POWER Library:
Bloomfield Public Library patrons
Community Library of Western Perry County patrons
Marysville-Rye Library patrons
Newport Public Library patrons
This project is made possible in part by Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and through Library Access Funds administered by the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Department of Education, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Tom Wolf, Governor.
“Stories from A to Z- Part 2!” is the spring 2020 theme for Preschool Story Time at Newport Public Library. Since the library must be closed to help stop the spread of the virus COVID-19, Story Time Lady Cheryl Johnson is posting story time fun activities on the Story Time page. We hope you have lots of fun with these activities at home. Click here for more information.
We are looking for a volunteer to come in and vacuum and dust in the Library. If you would like to donate your time to help keep the library looking its best, please message or call us.
Thanks ~~ Julia.
Saturday, March 21 at 10 AM. Michelle Braxton is once again teaching her class on how to save money and get the most out of your coupons at the grocery store, Call, message, or email the Library for more information or to sign up!
Sat., July 11 is the 1st annual Firecracker 5K Run/Walk and Fun Run in Newport. It is a project of Newport Revitalization & Preservation Society (NRPS), and benefits local nonprofits. We need participants and volunteers. Click here for full information.
The Cake Bingo scheduled for Apr. 3 at 7:00pm at the Blain Fire Hall has been cancelled, due to the coronavirus.
Book Signing & Readings: Debra Kay Noye “The Treasures in Great-Granny’s Scrapbook” November 7th 6-7pm
Amelia May’s Art Class for ages 5 and up- next scheduled for January 21st from 6-7pm. Classes run the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month at 6 PM.
First Friday of the month at 2 PM. Next event is Friday,January 10, 2-3pm. Kindergarten prep for children ages 3-5.
May 6th is Friends Night: 6-8pm, May 7-9, for the public: 10am – 6pm
SORRY TO SAY, THIS BOOK SALE IS CANCELLED, DUE TO COVID-19
*The next book sale will be a huge event in August …More info? Click here
$15/hr plus mileage, some jobs for local walkers
Recruiter position $16.50/hr plus mileage
Management jobs in Hbg at higher rates of pay
Apply online at 2020census.gov
Story Time at Marysville-Rye Library on Thursdays at 10:30. Click for full information.
For more information, visit or contact the library
The March 16th selection will be Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid. The fun starts at 6 PM. You do not need to finish the featured book to attend.
Books & Beyond Book Group is at 10 AM on the 3rd Wednesdays of each month. The January 15th selection is “It All Comes Back to You” by Beth Duke. Click here for more information.
Click on the image to sign up for the Wowbrary service.
Love Legos? Join us at Newport Public Library the LAST Saturday of each month! The fun starts at 10 AM.
The Friends of Bloomfield Public Library meet on the last Tuesday of each month at the library at 5:30 PM. Please consider supporting Bloomfield Library by becoming a Friend.
Come join us Sat., Sept. 26, 2020 for our annual Bike4Books fundraiser. Watch for details soon.