Starting January 1, 2022 NO resident of Perry County will have to pay a user fee to use Newport Public Library. The NPL board of trustees made the decision to eliminate these barriers to library use for the benefit of the whole county, recognizing life-long learning to be essential for everyone. Cardholders who have paid in advance for a year of service will be upgraded to Gold Card status for the remainder of their paid time. Gold Card status gives the cardholder the ability to check out DVDs free of charge. It is important to note that NPL relies heavily on the financial support of the community to continue to operate. We take this opportunity to thank our community members, townships, and businesses for their continued support for our programs and library collection. See our newsletter for details.
We are hiring an Operations Manager. Full details here.
Cake bingo will be held at the Blain Fire Hall at 7 PM on the following Fridays: Nov. 5 2021, Jan 7 2022, Feb 4 2022, Mar 4 2022, and Apr 1 2022. Proceeds benefit the Community Library of Western Perry County.
- Bloomfield Public Library Masks are not required for fully vaccinated people. Social distancing is required. Only 5 patrons at one time in the Library (This now includes children except infants). Patrons are limited to 1 hour in the library, including computer and wifi use. Face masks must be worn correctly (over mouth and nose), refusal to do so will result in being told to leave (we do have a limited supply of masks for those who forget theirs). We are still offering Curbside Service the last hour of the day, please call us for more information. This might be expanded if there is a need.
- Community Library of Western Perry County is open our regular hours: Tues. Thurs, Fri, 2:00pm to 7:00pm, Wed 8:00am to 2:00pm, Sat 9 am to 1 pm. Face masks and social distancing will be required in the library to protect the unvaccinated and those with weakened immune systems. Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact the library at 717-536-3761 or email@example.com.
- Newport Public Library: The current hours of the library are as follows:
- Mon. 1-6 (Seniors 12-1),
- Tues. 10-3 (Seniors 9-10),
- Wed. 3-8,
- Thurs. 1-6 (Seniors 12-1),
- Fri. 3-8, and
- Sat. 10-3
Effective immediately, all persons over two years of age must wear a mask inside the library. Any person who does not wish to enter the building for services may request service at the door. Senior hours are for seniors and immunocompromised persons.
Please use the following links for access to the PA POWER Library:
Newport Public Library patrons
This project is made possible in part by Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and through Library Access Funds administered by the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Department of Education, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Tom Wolf, Governor.
First Friday of the month at 2 PM. Next event is Friday,January 10, 2-3pm. Kindergarten prep for children ages 3-5.
February 3, 4, and 5, 2021- Friends of NPL Preview February 2 from 6-8 PM
*The next book sale will be in May 2022 …More info? Click here
Story Time at Marysville-Rye Library on Thursdays at 10:30. Click for full information.
For more information, visit or contact the library
Books & Beyond Book Group is at 10 AM on the 3rd Wednesdays of each month. The January 15th selection is “It All Comes Back to You” by Beth Duke. Click here for more information.
Meetings of the Newport Public Library Board of Trustees will be on Wed., May 18, Wed., Sept. 21, and Wed., Nov. 16, all at the library at 6:30 PM.
The Friends of Bloomfield Public Library meet on the last Tuesday of each month at the library at 5:30 PM. Please consider supporting Bloomfield Library by becoming a Friend.