- Bloomfield Public Library Social distancing and masks are required. Only 5 patrons at one time in the Library (This now includes children except infants). Patrons are limited to 1 hour in the library, including computer and wifi use. Face masks must be worn correctly (over mouth and nose), refusal to do so will result in being told to leave (we do have a limited supply of masks for those who forget theirs). The Non-Fiction room will be closed, please see the Librarian if you need a non-fiction book. We are still offering Curbside Service the last hour of the day, please call us for more information. This might be expanded if there is a need.
- Community Library of Western Perry County will re-open on June 2 at our regular hours: Tues. Thurs, Fri, 2:00pm to 7:00pm, Wed & Sat 8:00am to 2:00pm. Precautionary measures for our visitors/patrons will be provided due to the recent virus pandemic. We request only 2 people enter the library at one time, until further notice. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact the library at 717-536-3761 or email@example.com. If you are not comfortable entering the library at this time, books can be reserved on-line and picked up at the library.
- Marysville-Rye Library Mon to Wed 1 to 7 pm. Thursday 10 am to 8 pm Saturday 9 am to 2 pm. Five people allowed in the building at any one time. Passports by appointment.
- Newport Public Library: The current hours of the library are as follows:
- Mon. 1-6 (Seniors 12-1),
- Tues. 10-3 (Seniors 9-10),
- Wed. 3-8,
- Thurs. 1-6 (Seniors 12-1),
- Fri. 3-8, and
- Sat. 10-3
For everyone’s protection, patrons are welcome in our building (up to eight at a time) for up to 30 minutes per visit. Masks worn over both mouth and nose are required for entry into the building. If you are unable to wear a mask, we will provide service at the front door. Any person who does not wish to enter the building for services may request service at the door.
There will be only two more public board meetings during the remainder of 2021. They will be Aug. 18 and Nov. 17, both at 7 PM at Newport Public Library.
Please use the following links for access to the PA POWER Library:
Newport Public Library patrons
This project is made possible in part by Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and through Library Access Funds administered by the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Department of Education, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Tom Wolf, Governor.
“Follow the Rainbow!” is the spring 2021 theme for Preschool Story Time at Newport Public Library, featuring stories, songs, and crafts about colors and numbers. We want to keep you all safe from COVID-19, so Story Time Lady Cheryl Johnson is posting story time fun activities on the private Story Time facebook group starting March 8. Contact Mrs. Johnson for registration. Click here for more information.
This is an annual project of Newport Revitalization & Preservation Society (NRPS), and benefits local nonprofits. The 2020 run has been cancelled by the Newport Borough. Please watch here for the announcement of the 2021 run. Thank you.
This year Bike4Books will be virtual! You will have three months to participate, and yes, you can do so more than once. See all the details here.
First Friday of the month at 2 PM. Next event is Friday,January 10, 2-3pm. Kindergarten prep for children ages 3-5.
May 6, 7, and 7, 2021- Friends of NPL Preview Feb. 5 from 6-8 PM
*The next book sale will be in August …More info? Click here
Story Time at Marysville-Rye Library on Thursdays at 10:30. Click for full information.
For more information, visit or contact the library
Books & Beyond Book Group is at 10 AM on the 3rd Wednesdays of each month. The January 15th selection is “It All Comes Back to You” by Beth Duke. Click here for more information.
The Friends of Bloomfield Public Library meet on the last Tuesday of each month at the library at 5:30 PM. Please consider supporting Bloomfield Library by becoming a Friend.