- Bloomfield Public Library Social distancing and masks are required. Max number of 5 patrons at a time. We’ll be closing an hour to the public early each day for cleaning, and will be offering curbside service during that hour for patrons who are at high risk or don’t feel comfortable entering a public space at this time.
- Community Library of Western Perry County will re-open on June 2 at our regular hours: Tues. Thurs, Fri, 2:00pm to 7:00pm, Wed & Sat 8:00am to 2:00pm. Precautionary measures for our visitors/patrons will be provided due to the recent virus pandemic. We request only 2 people enter the library at one time, until further notice. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact the library at 717-536-3761 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not comfortable entering the library at this time, books can be reserved on-line and picked up at the library.
- Marysville-Rye Library Mon to Wed 1 to 7 pm. Thursday 10 am to 8 pm Saturday 9 am to 2 pm. CURBSIDE SERVICE ONLY AS OF NOVEMBER 16. Passports by appointment.
- Newport Public Library is pleased to announce that on Monday, Oct. 5, patrons will again be welcomed into the library building for computer use and browsing the library shelves. The hours of the library will remain as follows:
- Mon. 1-6 (Seniors 12-1),
- Tues. 10-3 (Seniors 9-10),
- Wed. 3-8,
- Thurs. 1-6 (Seniors 12-1),
- Fri. 3-8, and
- Sat. 10-3
Staff will be following guidelines to limit the number of patrons to eight at a time, children and babies included. Masks are required for entry into the building. Patrons may spend up to thirty minutes at a time in the library. Any person who does not wish to enter the building for services may still request curbside service at the door.
Make our community BLOOM next Spring! $12 for a baker’s dozen. While Supplies Last!
Please use the following links for access to the PA POWER Library:
Newport Public Library patrons
This project is made possible in part by Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and through Library Access Funds administered by the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Department of Education, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Tom Wolf, Governor.
“Welcome to Our House! It’s a Zoo!” is the fall 2020 theme for Preschool Story Time at Newport Public Library, featuring stories, songs, and crafts about animals and their homes. We want to keep you all safe from COVID-19, so Story Time Lady Cheryl Johnson is posting story time fun activities on the Story Time page September through December. We hope you have lots of fun with these activities at home. Contact Mrs. Johnson for registration. Click here for more information.
This is an annual project of Newport Revitalization & Preservation Society (NRPS), and benefits local nonprofits. The 2020 run has been cancelled by the Newport Borough. Please watch here for the announcement of the 2021 run. Thank you.
This year Bike4Books will be virtual! You will have three months to participate, and yes, you can do so more than once. See all the details here.
First Friday of the month at 2 PM. Next event is Friday,January 10, 2-3pm. Kindergarten prep for children ages 3-5.
November 5, 6, and 7, 2020
We are sorry to announce that we must cancel our November 2020 book sale. We are waiting to receive our portable UV light sanitizing units before we can actually have people inside the lower level of the building for the sale. We are expecting delivery sometime in mid-November. It will be too cold for another outdoor sale. We will keep our upstairs sale spinner well-stocked, of course.
*The next book sale will be in February and hopefully inside…More info? Click here
Story Time at Marysville-Rye Library on Thursdays at 10:30. Click for full information.
For more information, visit or contact the library
Books & Beyond Book Group is at 10 AM on the 3rd Wednesdays of each month. The January 15th selection is “It All Comes Back to You” by Beth Duke. Click here for more information.
The Friends of Bloomfield Public Library meet on the last Tuesday of each month at the library at 5:30 PM. Please consider supporting Bloomfield Library by becoming a Friend.