- Bloomfield Public Library Masks are not required for fully vaccinated people. Social distancing is required. Only 5 patrons at one time in the Library (This now includes children except infants). Patrons are limited to 1 hour in the library, including computer and wifi use. Face masks must be worn correctly (over mouth and nose), refusal to do so will result in being told to leave (we do have a limited supply of masks for those who forget theirs). We are still offering Curbside Service the last hour of the day, please call us for more information. This might be expanded if there is a need.
- Community Library of Western Perry County is open our regular hours: Tues. Thurs, Fri, 2:00pm to 7:00pm, Wed & Sat 8:00am to 2:00pm. Masks are not required for fully vaccinated people. However, social distancing will still be required. Hand sanitizer and masks will still be available if desired. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact the library at 717-536-3761 or email@example.com.
- Newport Public Library: The current hours of the library are as follows:
- Mon. 1-6 (Seniors 12-1),
- Tues. 10-3 (Seniors 9-10),
- Wed. 3-8,
- Thurs. 1-6 (Seniors 12-1),
- Fri. 3-8, and
- Sat. 10-3
Masks are no longer required for fully vaccinated persons. Any person who does not wish to enter the building for services may request service at the door. Senior hours are for seniors and immunocompromised persons.
Please use the following links for access to the PA POWER Library:
Bloomfield Public Library patrons
Community Library of Western Perry County patrons
Marysville-Rye Library patrons
Newport Public Library patrons
This project is made possible in part by Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and through Library Access Funds administered by the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Department of Education, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Tom Wolf, Governor.
This year Bike4Books will be in person on Saturday, Sept. 25, 2021. We are planning a safe and fun bike tour that will be as much like previous tours as possible.
First Friday of the month at 2 PM. Next event is Friday,January 10, 2-3pm. Kindergarten prep for children ages 3-5.
August 5, 6, and 7, 2021- Friends of NPL Preview August 4 from 6-8 PM
*The next book sale will be in November …More info? Click here
Story Time at Marysville-Rye Library on Thursdays at 10:30. Click for full information.
For more information, visit or contact the library
Books & Beyond Book Group is at 10 AM on the 3rd Wednesdays of each month. The January 15th selection is “It All Comes Back to You” by Beth Duke. Click here for more information.
Click on the image to sign up for the Wowbrary service.
There will be only two more public board meetings during the remainder of 2021. They will be Aug. 18 and Nov. 17, both at 7 PM at Newport Public Library.
The Friends of Bloomfield Public Library meet on the last Tuesday of each month at the library at 5:30 PM. Please consider supporting Bloomfield Library by becoming a Friend.