We are hiring an Operations Manager. Full details here.
Cake bingo will be held at the Blain Fire Hall at 7 PM on the following Fridays: Nov. 5 2021, Jan 7 2022, Feb 4 2022, Mar 4 2022, and Apr 1 2022. Proceeds benefit the Community Library of Western Perry County.
- Bloomfield Public Library Masks are not required for fully vaccinated people. Social distancing is required. Only 5 patrons at one time in the Library (This now includes children except infants). Patrons are limited to 1 hour in the library, including computer and wifi use. Face masks must be worn correctly (over mouth and nose), refusal to do so will result in being told to leave (we do have a limited supply of masks for those who forget theirs). We are still offering Curbside Service the last hour of the day, please call us for more information. This might be expanded if there is a need.
- Community Library of Western Perry County is open our regular hours: Tues. Thurs, Fri, 2:00pm to 7:00pm, Wed 8:00am to 2:00pm, Sat 9 am to 1 pm. Face masks and social distancing will be required in the library to protect the unvaccinated and those with weakened immune systems. Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact the library at 717-536-3761 or email@example.com.
- Newport Public Library: The current hours of the library are as follows:
- Mon. 1-6 (Seniors 12-1),
- Tues. 10-3 (Seniors 9-10),
- Wed. 3-8,
- Thurs. 1-6 (Seniors 12-1),
- Fri. 3-8, and
- Sat. 10-3
Effective immediately, all persons over two years of age must wear a mask inside the library. Any person who does not wish to enter the building for services may request service at the door. Senior hours are for seniors and immunocompromised persons.
There will be only two more public board meetings during the remainder of 2021. They will be Aug. 25 and Nov. 17, both 6:30 to 7:30 PM at Newport Public Library.
Please use the following links for access to the PA POWER Library:
Newport Public Library patrons
This project is made possible in part by Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and through Library Access Funds administered by the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Department of Education, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Tom Wolf, Governor.
The Friends of Bloomfield Public Library meet on the last Tuesday of each month at the library at 5:30 PM. Please consider supporting Bloomfield Library by becoming a Friend.
First Friday of the month at 2 PM. Next event is Friday,January 10, 2-3pm. Kindergarten prep for children ages 3-5.
Story Time at Marysville-Rye Library on Thursdays at 10:30. Click for full information.
For more information, visit or contact the library